Valens BibaBiotic is a 100% natural food supplements, designed to promote gut health and balanced gut microflora. It is preservative free and designed especially for newborns, babies and kids. It contains carefully selected beneficial bacteria, combined with prebiotics and vitamin D3.
Valens BibaBiotic is a multi-strain product, containing two specific lactic acid bacteria strain:
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus 19070-2 (one of the most researched probiotics in children)
- Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 12246
Strain combination has been selected based on several clinical studies, proving efficacy in improving gut flora in babies and children.
The product aims to:
- help build a strong gut microbiome
- helps with indigestion
- helps reduce symptoms of cramps and colic (restlessness, crying etc.).
Advantages at a glance
- Two clinically-studied, specific bacterial strains.
- Contains prebiotics fructooligosaccharides and vitamin D3 in dosage, recommended for infants.
- 100% natural product; without preservatives, flavors and colors; allergen-free.
- Suitable for newborns at 2 weeks of age.
- Shelf life after opening: 2 months.
- Analyzes and tests confirm the stability of microbiological cultures and the product itself.
- Probiotics are produced with a patented cryo-protection technology, which ensures much longer shelf-life of bacteria and makes it resistant to environment during passage of stomach and intestine.
- Made in GMP Certified facility in Slovenia
The product also contains prebiotics, plant compounds, mostly fiber, that our body cannot digest by itself. Prebiotics are a source of food for the gut‘s healthy bacteria – they induce their growth and activity. Fructooligosaccharides are low calorie carbohydrates with prebiotic effect.
Importance of vitamin D3
Vitamin D is a hormone, naturally synthesized in the human skin upon exposure to ultraviolet (UVB) radiation. Adequate vitamin D status has a key role in skeletal health. Its dominant role is to increase absorption and maintain concentrations of phosphorus and calcium, which is the crucial micronutrient for the development and maintenance of healthy bones. It also contributes to normal function of the immune system and normal muscle function.
Vitamin D is extremely important in early childhood, when skeletal formation in the body is particularly rapid. Supplementation is recommended by paediatricians from birth throughout childhood, regardless of season. Recommended daily dose for babies is 400 IU, and up to 1000 IU for children from the age of 1.